- QB Ryan Leaf (1-2-98) to San Diego from Arizona for DE Andre Wadsworth (1-3-98), DB Corey
Chavous (2-33-98), WR David Boston (1-8-99), RB Eric Metcalf and LB Patrick Sapp.
- RB Fred Taylor (1-9-98) and RB Tavian Banks (4-101-98) to Jacksonville from Buffalo for QB
- LB Brian Simmons (1-17-98) and G Mike Goff (3-78-98) to Cincinnati from Washington for DT
- RB Robert Edwards (1-18-98) and RB Chris Floyd (3-81-98) to New England from the Jets for RB
- DT Vonnie Holiday (1-19-98) to Green Bay from Miami for RB John Avery (1-29-98) and a
2-60-98 pick that Miami traded to Detroit for LB Brad Jackson (5-143-98), G Scott Shaw
(5-143-98) and QB John Dutton (6-172-98). Detroit chose QB Charlie Batch (2-60-98).
- T Mo Collins (1-23-98) to Oakland from Tampa Bay for WR Jacquez Green and a 2-59-98 pick
that Tampa Bay traded to San Diego for a 1-13-00 pick. San Diego chose WR Mikhael Ricks
(2-59-98). The Bucs traded the 1-13-00 pick to the Jets (see 2000: LB John Abraham).
- DE Sean Gilbert to Carolina (1998) from Washington for a 1-5-99 and a 1-12-00 pick. The 1-5-99
pick went to New Orleans (see next entry) while the 1-12-00 pick was traded to the 49ers, who
sent it to the Jets (see 2000: T Chris Samuels and DE Shaun Ellis).
- RB Ricky Williams (1-5-99) to New Orleans from Carolina/Washington for eight draft choices,
three of which netted Washington LB Nate Stimson (4-107-99), LB LaVar Arrington (1-2-00) and
DB Lloyd Harrison (3-64-00). Five of the eight picks were included in other trades made by
- 1-12-99 and 3-71-99 picks from New Orleans/Washington to Chicago for DB
Champ Bailey (1-7-99). Chicago selected QB Cade McNown and WR D'Wayne
- 5-144-99 from New Orleans/Washington, along with a 2-40-99 from Washington,
to Chicago for T Jon Jansen (2-37-99). Chicago chose LB Khari Samuel (5-144-99)
and traded Washington's 2-40-99 pick to Oakland (see 1999: DE Tony Bryant).
- 6-179-99 and 7-218-99 picks from New Orleans/Washington to Denver for
T Derek Smith (5-165-99). Denver chose TE Desmond Clark (6-179-99) and WR
Billy Miller (7-218-99).
- DB Champ Bailey (1-7-99) to Washington from Chicago (see 1999: RB Ricky Williams).
- WR David Boston (1-8-99) to Arizona from San Diego (see 1998: QB Ryan Leaf).
- QB Daunte Culpepper (1-11-99), a 3-73-99 pick traded to Pittsburgh (see 1999: TE Jim
Kleinsasser) and DE Michael Boireau to Minnesota from Washington for QB Brad Johnson.
- QB Cade McNown (1-12-99) to Chicago from New Orleans/Washington (see 1999: RB Ricky
- C Damien Woody (1-17-99) to New England from Seattle for a 1-20-99 pick traded to Dallas (see
next entry), WR Karsten Bailey (3-82-99) and a 6-191-99 choice traded to Cleveland with a
6-187-99 pick. Seattle selected DB Steve Johnson (6-170-99) with its pick from Cleveland for LB
Kendall Ogle (6-187-99) and TE James Dearth (6-191-99).
- DE Ebenezer Ekuban (1-20-99) to Dallas from New England/Seattle for DE Lamar King (1-22-99)
and T Floyd Wedderburn (5-140-99).
- DT Reggie McGrew (1-24-99) to San Francisco from Miami for a 1-27-99 choice traded to Detroit
and RB Cecil Collins (5-134-99). Detroit took T Aaron Gibson (1-27-99) with the San
Francisco/Miami pick it received for three draft choices. Miami selected RB James Johnson
(2-39-99) and LB Bryan Jones (5-142-99) with two of the picks it received from Detroit. The
Dolphins traded the third pick from the Lions (3-70-99) back to Detroit for C Grey Ruegamer
(3-72-99) and DT Jermaine Haley (7-232-99). Detroit took DE Jared DeVries (3-70-99) with the
- LB Andy Katzenmoyer (1-28-99), WR Tony Simmons (2-52-98), RB Sedrick Shaw (3-61-97) and G
Damon Denson (4-97-97) to New England from the Jets for coach Bill Parcells.
- Coach Bill Parcells to the Jets (1997) from New England (see 1999: LB Andy Katzenmoyer).
- DE Tony Bryant (2-40-99) to Oakland from Washington/Chicago and WR Dameane Douglas
(4-102-99) to Oakland from Chicago for DT Russell Davis (2-48-99), WR Marty Booker (3-78-99)
and DE Roosevelt Colvin (4-111-99).
- TE Jim Kleinsasser (2-44-99) to Minnesota from Pittsburgh for a 3-73-99 pick that the Vikings
had acquired from Washington and Minnesota's own 2-59-99 and 5-163-99 picks. Pittsburgh
selected DB Scott Shields (2-59-99) and LB Joey Porter (3-73-99) and traded the 5-163-99 choice
from Minnesota to Oakland (see next entry).
- DB Hank Poteat (3-77-00) to Pittsburgh from Oakland for LB Eric Barton (5-146-99) and the
5-163-99 choice from Minnesota/Pittsburgh, which the Raiders traded to Green Bay. Oakland
selected DT Daren Yancey (6-188-99) and received past considerations from the Packers in
exchange for C Craig Heimberger (5-163-99).
- LB LaVar Arrington to Washington from New Orleans (see 1999: RB Ricky Williams).
- T Chris Samuels (1-3-00) to Washington from San Francisco for a Carolina/Washington 1-12-00
pick (see 2000: Shaun Ellis) and DB Ahmed Plummer (1-24-00).
- RB Jamal Lewis (1-5-00) to Baltimore from Atlanta for TE Reggie Kelly (2-42-99).
- WR Travis Taylor (1-10-00) to Baltimore from Denver for DB Deltha O'Neal (1-15-00) and DB
Kenoy Kennedy (2-45-00).
- DE Shaun Ellis (1-12-00) to the Jets from Carolina/Washington/San Francisco for LB Julian
Peterson (1-16-00) on a pick originally owned by New England and DB Jason Webster (2-48-00).
The 1-16-00 pick had been partial compensation to the Jets for coach Bill Belichick (see 2000:
coach Bill Belichick).
- LB John Abraham (1-13-00) to the Jets from San Diego/Tampa Bay (see 1998: T Mo Collins),
along with TE Anthony Becht (1-27-00) to the Jets from Tampa Bay, for WR Keyshawn Johnson.
- LB Julian Peterson (1-16-00) to San Francisco from New England/New York Jets (see 2000: DE
- Coach Bill Belichick and two picks, 5-149-01 and 7-234-02 (see 2001: G Matt Light and 2002: TE
Daniel Graham), to New England from the New York Jets for a 1-16-00 choice traded to San
Francisco (see 2000: DE Shaun Ellis), DB Jamie Henderson (4-101-01) and DT James Reed
- WR Joey Galloway to Dallas from Seattle for RB Shaun Alexander (1-19-00) and a 1-7-01 pick.
Seattle packaged the 1-7-01 pick from Dallas with a 6-191-01 choice that Oakland owed the
Seahawks (for CB Clifton Black) in a 2001 trade with San Francisco (see 2001: DE Andre Carter).
- DB Rashard Anderson (1-23-00) to Carolina from Miami for DB Patrick Surtain (2-44-98).
- DB Ahmed Plummer (1-24-00) to San Francisco from Washington (see 2000: T Chris Samuels
and DE Shaun Ellis).
- TE Anthony Becht (1-27-00) to the Jets from Tampa Bay (see 1998: T Mo Collins and 2000: LB
- QB Aaron Brooks to New Orleans (2000) from Green Bay for a 3-82-01 pick (see
2001 : DE Andre Carter).
- QB Michael Vick (1-1-01) to Atlanta from San Diego for RB LaDainian Tomlinson (1-5-01), DB Tay
Cody (3-67-01), WR Reche Caldwell (2-48-02) and WR Tim Dwight.
- RB LaDainian Tomlinson (1-5-01) to San Diego from Atlanta (see above).
- DE Andre Carter (1-7-01) to San Francisco from Dallas/Seattle and DE Menson Holloway
(6-191-01) to San Francisco from Oakland/Seattle in a trade that netted Seattle WR Koren
Robinson (1-9-01), FB Heath Evans (3-82-01) and T Dennis Norman (7-222-01). The 3-82-01
pick that had originally belonged to New Orleans (see 2000: QB Aaron Brooks) and the 7-222-01
choice that had originally belonged to St. Louis (see 2001: LB Mike Morton) passed through
Green Bay to San Francisco (see 2001: WR Robert Ferguson) before coming to rest in Seattle.
- DE Jamal Reynolds (1-10-01) and LB Torrance Marshall (3-72-01) to Green Bay from Seattle for
QB Matt Hasselbeck and G Steve Hutchinson (1-17-01).
- DT Damione Lewis (1-12-01) to St. Louis from Kansas City for QB Trent Green, RB Derrick
Blaylock (5-150-01) and St. Louis's agreement to not match the Chiefs' offer sheet to WR/KR
- T Kenyatta Walker (1-14-01) to Tampa Bay from Buffalo for DB Nate Clements (1-21-01), along
with a 2-51-01 pick that the Bills traded to Denver (see 2001: RB Travis Henry).
- WR Santana Moss (1-16-01) to the New York Jets from Pittsburgh for DT Casey Hampton
(1-19-01), T Mathias Nkwenti (4-111-01) and DE Rodney Bailey (6-181-01).
- G Steve Hutchinson (1-17-01) to Seattle from Green Bay (see 2001: DE Jamal Reynolds).
- DB Nate Clements (1-21-01) to Buffalo from Tampa Bay (see 2001: T Kenyatta Walker).
- DB Will Allen (1-22-01) to the New York Giants from Indianapolis for WR Reggie Wayne
(1-30-01), DB Cory Bird (3-91-01) and DB Jason Doering (6-193-01).
- DT Ryan Pickett (1-29-01) to St. Louis from Tennessee for DE Kevin Carter.
- WR Reggie Wayne (1-30-01) to Indianapolis from the Giants (see 2001: DB Will Allen).
- WR Robert Ferguson (2-41-01), DB Bhawoh Joe (3-71-01) and G Bill Ferrario (4-105-01) to Green
Bay from San Francisco for LB Jamie Winborn (2-47-01), RB Kevan Barlow (3-80-01) and DB
Rashad Holman (6-179-01), along with 3-82-01 and 7-222-01 choices.
- LB Kendrell Bell (2-39-01) to Pittsburgh from New England for 2-50-01 and 4-112-01 picks that
the Patriots traded (see next two entries).
- G Matt Light (2-48-01), TE Arther Love (6-180-01) and K Owen Pochman (7-216-01) to New
England from Detroit for three choices: C Dominic Raiola (2-50-01) from Pittsburgh/New England;
QB Mike McMahon (5-149-01) from the New York Jets/New England; LB Jason Glenn (6-173-01)
from San Francisco/New England.
- OL Kenyatta Jones (4-96-01) to New England from San Diego for LB Carlos Polk (4-112-01) and
LB Zeke Moreno (5-139-01).
- RB Travis Henry (2-58-01) and LB Brandon Spoon (4-110-01) to Buffalo from Denver for DE Paul
Toviessi (2-51-01), selected on a pick that originally belonged to Tampa Bay (see 2001: T
- LB Mike Morton to St. Louis from Green Bay for a 7-222-01 pick.
- DT Ryan Sims (1-6-02) to Kansas City from Dallas for S Roy Williams (1-8-02), CB Derek Ross
(3-75-02) and a 6-186-03 pick.
- TE Jeremy Shockey (1-14-02) to the New York Giants from Tennessee for DT Albert Haynesworth
(1-15-02) and CB Mike Echols (4-110-02).
- Coach Jon Gruden to Tampa Bay from Oakland for four draft choices and $8 million. The Raiders
traded one of the picks (1-21-02), along with a pick of their own (3-89-02), to Washington for a
1-18-02 choice. Then the Raiders sent the 1-18-02 selection from Washington and a 5-158-02
selection of their own to Atlanta for CB Phillip Buchanon (1-17-02). With a second pick from
Tampa Bay, Oakland chose T Langston Walker (2-53-02). The Buccaneers still owe a 1-32-03
selection and a second-round, 2004 pick to the Raiders.
- RB T.J. Duckett (1-18-02) to Atlanta from Washington/Oakland and QB Kurt Kittner (5-158-02)
from Oakland for CB Phillip Buchanon (1-17-02).
- After trading its 1-18-02 pick to Oakland (see 2002: coach Jon Gruden), Washington sent the
1-21-02 pick from Tampa Bay/Oakland to New England (see 2002: TE Daniel Graham) and the
3-89-02 pick from Oakland to Jacksonville (see 2002: LB Akin Ayodele).
- WR Javon Walker (1-20-02) and De Aaron Kampman (5-156-02) to Green Bay from Seattle for
TE Jerramy Stevens (1-28-02) and DE Anton Palepoi (2-60-02).
- TE Daniel Graham (1-21-02) to New England from Tampa Bay/Oakland/Washington for three
draft choices. Washington selected QB Patrick Ramsey (1-32-02) and DE Greg Scott (7-234-02)
but traded the 3-96-02 pick from the Patriots and a 2-52-02 choice to Baltimore for RB Ladell
Betts (2-56-02), WR Clifford Russell (3-87-02) and CB Andre Lott (5-159-02). The Ravens
selected DT Anthony Weaver (2-52-02) and traded the 3-96-02 choice to Denver for P Dave
Zastudil (4-112-02) and TE Terry Jones (5-155-02). Denver picked DT Dorsett Davis (3-96-02).
- LB Akin Ayodele (3-89-02) to Jacksonville from Oakland/Washington and TE Chris Luzar
(4-118-02) from Washington for CB Rashad Bauman (3-79-02). Cleveland had previously traded
the Bauman pick and LB Wali Rainer to Jacksonville for C Melvin Fowler (3-76-02).
- RB Ricky Williams and TE Randy McMichael (4-114-02) to Miami from New Orleans for DE Charles
Grant (1-25-02), DB Keyuo Craver (4-125-02) and Miami's 1-18-03 pick.
- TE Jerramy Stevens (1-28-02) to Seattle from Green Bay (see 2002: WR Javon Walker).
- QB Patrick Ramsey (1-32-02) to Washington from New England (see 2002: TE Daniel Graham).
- QB Drew Bledsoe to Buffalo from New England for the Bills' 1-14-03 choice.