2019 NFL Draft First Round Tidbits
By Chris Malumphy
Seven teams did not have a pick in the 1st Round of the 2019 NFL Draft. The overall 2018 record for those teams was 77-34-1 (.692): Chicago Bears 12-4; Cleveland Browns 7-8-1; Kansas City Chiefs 12-4; Indianapolis Colts 10-6; Dallas Cowboys 10-6; Los Angeles Rams 13-3 and New Orleans Saints 13-3. Who needs 1st rounders. Those teams are stacked.
Five teams had multiple 1st Round picks in the 2019 NFL Draft. The cumulative record of those teams in 2018 was 29-50-1 (.369): Atlanta Falcons, 2 picks, 7-9; New York Giants, 3 picks, 5-11; Green Bay Packers, 2 picks, 6-9-1; Oakland Raiders, 3 picks, 4-12 and Washington Redskins, 2 picks, 7-9. The future MAY be brighter in those cities.
Seven colleges had multiple players selected in the 1st round of the 2019 NFL Draft:
- Alabama (3): DL Quinnen Williams (3rd, Jets), OL Jonah Williams (11th, Bengals) & RB Josh Jacobs (24th, Raiders)
- Clemson (3): EDGE Clelin Ferrell (4th, Raiders), DL Christian Wilkins (13th, Dolphins) & DL Dexter Lawrence (17th, Giants)
- Mississippi State (3): DL Jeffery Simmons (19th, Titans), EDGE Montez Sweat (26th, Redskins) & S Johnathan Abram (27th, Raiders)
- Oklahoma (2): QB Kyler Murray (1st, Cardinals) & WR Marquise Brown (25th, Ravens)
- Ohio State (2): EDGE Nick Bosa (2nd, 49ers) & QB Dwayne Haskins (15th, Redskins)
- Iowa (2): TE T.J. Hockenson (8th, Lions) & TE Noah Fant (20th, Broncos)
- Michigan (2): LB Devin Bush (10th, Steelers) & DL Rashan Gary (12th, Packers)